Friday, July 8, 2011

Step 4: The Fuel

Left to my own devices, this is what I eat every day. Acupatea as soon as I awake. Followed by a bowl of oatmeal. Chased by chocolate chips. An hour or so later two over-hard eggs fried in butter. Another hour later a banana. Maybe some more chocolate chips. Then it's time for lunch :). Whole grain fusilli pasta covered with a homemade (to me) pasta sauce of 7 Herb Tomato Ragu, diced tomatoes and some kind of low sodium bean pre-rinsed in water to get all the salt off. (Yeah, I have high blood pressure, go figure!) Appetizer of chocolate chips, dessert of Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt. Mid afternoon snack is an apple. If I'm riding the bike that evening, I eat two unsalted top crackers with Jif peanut butter beforehand. I don't go light on the Jif. And it HAS to be Jif! Dinner is usually one of Howard's absolutely awesome spinach salads topped with all kinds of veggies. He puts sushi ginger on top so I don't even need a dressing. I can't tell you how great his salads are!

So as you can imagine I am worried about being able to fuel like this on the tour. I need two breakfasts and a lunch by noon. Chocolate chips melt. A jar of Jif is heavy. Crackers will crush. Where will I find a spinach salad?

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment